About Shakespeare Inn
The Shakespeare Inn was built in the late 1940’s. The building was originally intended to be used as a ladies hostel that would service the steel industry at ISCOR.
However, 1949 it opened as a Castle/Lion Hotel. During the years between then and 1986 it operated under the name ‘The Park Hotel’.
Originally owned by the castle/Lion Group (now SAB Miller) and in accordance with the Monopolies Act the building was sold to VESCO and the business and operation of the hotel as sold to a private concern. The present owners, the Greeff Family, bought the company on April Fool’s Day 1979. They then bought the building from VESCO in 1986 at which time ‘The Park Hotel’ became ‘The Shakespeare Inn’.
- Offer an exclusive facility, with immaculate “value for money” accommodation.
- Conferencing and events are made possible at impressively low prices.
- Centrally located with comfortable access to private and public amenities, from entertainment to medical care, outdoor leisure, major business hubs, industrial zones, highways and much more.
- Located close to the magnificent Vaal River, the venue is idyllically situated away from the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle, yet it is still close enough for easy access into town.
- Capable of hosting weddings, conferences, and other events with overnight accommodation.
- Caters for private or even work-related contract type accommodation, long stay accommodation, and strictly business-stay accommodation.
- Fantastic cuisine and onsite restaurant catering for different meal requirements are on offer – from breakfast to dinner, from a ‘la carte meals to packaged lunches, from fixed schedule meals to tailored meal times for contractors, from meals for one to bulk bookings, the options are vast indeed!
- Artisans vouch for the friendly personnel and flexibility in meal serving times, which speaks for the personalised service of the Shakespeare Inn.
- Venue is very safe and secure.
- We have a back-up generator, and are not affected by load-shedding!
Your host, Sean Greeff, looks forward to welcoming you and your staff or guests, be it a work related meeting or leisurely getaway! A 24-Hour reception is also available no matter the time of your arrival or preferred time of departure. Secure parking is another major advantage for both guests and visitors. Our impeccable service, commitment to excellence, and value for money accommodation have seen us attract and maintain a growing and loyal customer base of credible blue-chip clients.
Some of our satisfied clients include:
- Steinmüller Africa
- Johnson’s Crane Service
- Arcelor Mittal
Don’t hesitate to contact us today for more information and for reservations!